Are you looking for a simple, deliciously sweet treat that is easy to make? Look no further than these 2 ingredient peanut butter cookies recipe! These cookies only require two ingredients – plus your creativity – and are the perfect way to indulge without spending hours in the kitchen. Whether you decide to add chocolate chips, festive sprinkles or some extra sea salt, these cookies will be sure to satisfy your cravings with their yummy flavor and fun decorations. Get ready for an easy yet delightful baking experience.
Ingredients Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
The two main ingredients for these easy cookies are:
- Peanut butter: Use a natural creamy peanut butter for best results. Chunky peanut butter also works if you prefer a more textured cookie. For nut-free options, almond butter or sunflower seed butter work as substitutes.
- Honey: The most common choice is a mild floral honey, but feel free to experiment with different honeys for unique flavors. Maple syrup can also swap 1:1 for honey if desired.
Please note: This recipe contains peanuts/tree nuts for those with allergies.
Instructions Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
Making these 2 ingredient cookies takes just a few minutes.
- Add 1 cup peanut butter and 1 cup honey to a mixing bowl. Stir until fully blended and smooth.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate dough for 30 minutes. This helps firm it up for easier scooping.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Scoop dough into rounded tablespoon sized portions on prepared baking sheet, evenly spaced. Optional: Create a criss-cross pattern on top of each cookie dough mound using a fork.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned on the bottom. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cookies will keep fresh in an airtight container for up to 1 week. They can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
Texture and Taste Peanut Butter Cookies
The texture of these 2 ingredient cookies is dense and fudgy, similar to a soft granola bar. The flavor is a simple blend of nutty peanut butter and floral honey. Without egg or flour, they have a different mouthfeel than traditional cookies but are satisfyingly hearty.
Tips for Customizing Peanut Butter Cookies
Part of the fun of this easy recipe is experimenting with add-ins! Consider mixing in:
- Chocolate chips
- Chopped nuts
- Shredded coconut
- Vanilla extract
Get creative and make these cookies your own.
Nutrition Peanut Butter Cookies
With just two ingredients, these cookies are higher in protein and “good” unsaturated fats compared to sugar-laden cookies. However, portion control is still advised, as the calorie density of peanut butter can add up quickly. Each ~1 ounce cookie has approximately:
- 90 calories
- 5g fat
- 3g protein
- 6g carbs
- 4g sugar
These peanut butter cookies pair nicely with:
- Glass of cold milk
- Sliced fruit like apples or bananas
- Smear of jam, jelly, or hazelnut spread
- Hot cup of coffee or tea
They make an easy on-the-go breakfast or snack too.
Bobby Kelly is a bartender at Molly Magees, an Irish pub in Mountain View. He’s been working there for two years and has developed a following among the regulars. Bobby is known for his friendly demeanor and great drink specials. He loves interacting with customers and making them feel welcome. When he’s not at work, Bobby enjoys spending time with his friends and family.