Are you tired of cooking potatoes the same old way? Do you want a crispier and healthier alternative to traditional frying methods? Look no further, because we have the perfect solution for you – air fried red potatoes! Air fryers may be known for their ability to make delicious crispy french fries, but they are also great for cooking other types of potatoes. In this blog post, we will be exploring the world of air-fried red potatoes and answering the burning question on everyone’s mind: how long to cook red potatoes in air fryer? Get ready to take your potato game to a whole new level with these easy and tasty recipes.
Ingredients For Air Fryer Red Potatoes
- 1 pound of red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: herbs and spices of your choice (rosemary, garlic powder, paprika)
How To Make Air Fryer Red Potatoes
- Start by washing and drying the red potatoes.
- Cut them into bite-sized pieces, making sure they are all around the same size for even cooking.
- In a bowl, mix the potato pieces with olive oil, salt, pepper, and any other desired herbs or spices.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (204 degrees Celsius).
- Once preheated, place the seasoned potato pieces in the air fryer basket, making sure they are not overcrowded.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through to ensure even cooking.
- Check for doneness by poking a fork or toothpick into a potato piece – it should be tender and easy to pierce.
- If the potatoes need more time, continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes until they reach your desired level of crispiness.
- Once done, remove the potatoes from the air fryer and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
How Long To Cook Red Potatoes In Air Fryer?
The answer to this question depends on a few factors, such as the size of the potato pieces and personal preference for crispiness. In general, red potatoes should be cooked in an air fryer for 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit (204 degrees Celsius). However, if you prefer your potatoes to be softer or crispier, adjust the cooking time accordingly. It’s always a good idea to check for doneness and continue cooking if needed.
Do I Need To Soak My Red Potatoes In Water Before Air Frying?
No, you do not need to soak your red potatoes in water before air frying. Soaking potatoes can help remove excess starch and make them crispier when fried in oil. However, since air fryers use little to no oil, soaking is not necessary. Plus, soaking can also cause the potatoes to become too mushy when cooked in an air fryer. So save yourself the extra step and skip the soaking process when making air fried red potatoes.
Do You Have To Boil Red Potatoes Before Putting In The Air Fryer?
No, you do not have to boil red potatoes before air frying them. In fact, boiling the potatoes beforehand can lead to overcooked and mushy results. Air fryers are designed to cook food quickly and evenly, so there’s no need for pre-cooking. Simply follow the instructions above for perfectly cooked and crispy air fried red potatoes every time.
Tips For Making Red Potatoes In The Air Fryer
Don’t Overcrowd The Air Fryer
To ensure even cooking and avoid soggy potatoes, make sure not to overcrowd the air fryer basket. If necessary, cook in batches rather than trying to fit all the potatoes in at once.
How To Keep Potatoes From Sticking In The Air Fryer
To prevent the potatoes from sticking to the air fryer basket, make sure to coat them with enough oil before cooking. You can also use non-stick cooking spray or line the basket with parchment paper.
Do I Need To Boil The Potatoes?
No, boiling the potatoes is not necessary when making air fried red potatoes. The high heat and circulation in an air fryer will cook the potatoes to perfection without any pre-cooking required.
When To Enjoy Air Fryer Red Potatoes?
Air fryer red potatoes can be enjoyed at any time of the day and for any occasion. They make a perfect side dish for your breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Their crispy exterior and fluffy interior make them a great compliment to a variety of main dishes, such as grilled chicken, steak, or fish. They are also an excellent choice for party appetizers, served with a side of your favorite dipping sauce. Not to mention, they make a delightful snack for those late-night cravings. No matter when you choose to enjoy them, air fryer red potatoes are a delicious and healthier alternative to traditional frying methods.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Red Potatoes?
- Grilled steak or chicken
- Pan-seared salmon or fish fillets
- Roasted vegetables (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower)
- Avocado toast with a fried egg
- Homemade burgers with all the fixings
- Tacos or burritos filled with your favorite protein and toppings
- A hearty salad topped with grilled shrimp or tofu
- Creamy chicken or vegetable soup
- Grilled cheese sandwich with a side of tomato soup
- Pasta dishes such as pesto chicken pasta or shrimp scampi.
Bobby Kelly is a bartender at Molly Magees, an Irish pub in Mountain View. He’s been working there for two years and has developed a following among the regulars. Bobby is known for his friendly demeanor and great drink specials. He loves interacting with customers and making them feel welcome. When he’s not at work, Bobby enjoys spending time with his friends and family.